Skip to main content

Happy Birthday...

to me!

Update: Since you have asked, I only got one actual packaged gift, a beautiful hand-made bracelet from a friend, but both girls were home for the weekend, and we had dinner at the lake and a relaxing weekend. Thanks to all of you for your lovely wishes!

Comments

dive said…
Happy Birthday, Robyn!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Have a brilliant weekend and make sure the girls remember that today is YOUR day!
Many happy returns.
xox
Alifan said…
Oh Robyn, hope you do not get too many bumps!!!!!

Have a wonderful day......
Happy birthday, Robyn!!! Your present is in the mail.
Maria said…
Happy birthday, Robyn. Many happy returns of the day. What is your favorite cake? What gifts did you get? Things like that interest me...

And I am four years your senior, young lady.
Scout said…
Thank you everybody. I don't get gifts, typically, but my friend did give me a lovely Indian-made green and pink bracelet, and my daughter has agreed not to complain today as my gift.

I don't have a favorite cake, except maybe carrot cake, or maybe white chocolate cheesecake.
Full said…
HBDTY,
HBDTY,
HBDDR,
HBDTY.

If I don't sing all the words I don't need to pay royalties.

Happy Birthday Robyn.
A very merry, happy clappy, sweetly surprise-ful birthday to you!

How wonderful to be born on the summer solstice.
MmeBenaut said…
Happy Birthday Robyn. Gosh, here was I thinking you were my age but you're just a baby! I hope you have a truly fulfilling day, full of love, smiles and laughter.
No gifts? I can't believe it.
Katie said…
Hope you've been having a wonderful Birthday! Great picture of you and Dive; I bet you had a hoot of a time when you were together. Enjoy the rest of your special day!
Mrs. G. said…
Happy Birthday to you!
Anonymous said…
Happy birthday, Robyn!
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Scout, have a great day.
xox
savannah said…
happy birthday, sugar!!!! may every day be just as sweet for you! xoxox
Joy said…
Hey, Robin! Many happy returns! Hope you had a wonderful day and perhaps today will bring you some more fun times.


joy xx
Katherine said…
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Sent from me via Dive! I hear you are "criminally talented." Heee heee. Here's to jail time!
Miz Minka said…
Happy Birthday to you! Hope it's a year filled with wonderful surprises. :)
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Robyn! Hope it was beyond wonderful.
A belated Happy Birthday Robyn - sorry i missed it but had the parents visiting so time was limited. Do hope you had a wonderful day - tell us your gifts and how you celebrated! x
Ah i see the comments now... no gifts??? What sort of raw deal is that? At the very least, young lady, i reckon you should take yourself to the nearest store and treat yourself. Give to yourself if no-one else has done so!
Shan said…
I'm late to the party but that's quite typical for me so don't be offended.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU!
Glad you had a nice relaxing day with the family. I'm with Lynn on the gifts though. You need to go do something special for yourself this week for a change. You are always so busy giving to others that maybe you forget to celebrate YOU. I think Dive described you quite nicely. BLESSINGS ROBYN!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Am I Stupid, or What?

In two weeks, I will climb up into a charter bus, take my assigned seat, and ride 22 hours straight to Orlando, Florida. I will be a chaperon with the high school marching band, which will perform at Disney's Magic Kingdom--me and 180 people on four big buses for seven days. We will travel together, eat together, play together, fall down exhausted together--and after 22 hours, I suspect stink to high heaven together. Because of the crazy schedule, we will leave Ohio at 6 pm, travel all night and most of the next day, and spend several hours at MGM Studios before ending up at the hotel sometime after 7 pm. After I check in with the eight girls I am to supervise, I intend to shower and shower and shower. I intend to wear clean clothes and socks and brush my teeth until my toothbrush wears out. Of all the things I could be concerned about on this trip, being dirty seems to weigh heaviest on my mind. One of my eight charges could run off and do bad things with her boyfriend, but I'...

No More Mr. Nice Guy

It's good to be a nice person--to say nice things, to do nice things, to write nice things--but I declare an end to the use of the word nice. Nice is what you say when you can't think of any other adjective. Someone shows you a picture of their back yard--that's nice. Someone tells you about their afternoon adventure--that's nice. Or someone describes their childhood in great detail and sometimes with painstaking effort--that's nice. It's a lazy word, and it's non-descriptive. Nice is like mashed potatoes with noodles and chicken gravy all in a big pile on one plate with some canned corn for garnish. Everything is the same color and texture and base substance--starch (this is a favorite Amish dish). Nice is like a partly cloudy day in April when outside feels like inside, and you can't tell a difference between the lighting and the temperature of your living room and the lighting and temperature of your front yard. Nice is a glass of lukewarm water. ...

An Offending Pile

So, I'm standing in my living room letting my mind wander for a minute or two as I stare out the window and watch the day go by, and I see my neighbors walking their dogs down the street. They are nice neighbors who are always friendly and responsible with their property. That is to say they aren't like the other neighbors who heap rubbish behind their house like Ma and Pa Kettle and let their dogs bark for thirty minutes at a time . Anyway, I see the nice people walking their dogs, a big golden retriever who is as sweet as can be and as dumb as a post—he once ate a sock and nearly died before it was surgically removed—and a new golden retriever puppy. Then I see Neighbor Wife suddenly run down the street with the big dog. Then I see Neighbor Husband stopped in front of my house with the puppy on its leash. And then I see the puppy taking a huge dump in my grass. Let me tell you, that is not done in this town unless the dog owner has a plastic bag handy and is ready to pick up ...