Skip to main content
This will come as no surprise to any of you, but my blog has been rated PG. Apparently the use of the word "knife" in a few posts kept me from getting a G. Darn my violent tendencies.

Online Dating

Comments

dive said…
Yikes! I'd best ask Mum if I can read this from now on, Robyn.
dive said…
I just got rated.
A disappointingly tame NC-17.
Looks like it's been a pretty non-sweary month so far.
Hey ho. Perhaps I'm going soft in my dotage.
Alifan said…
Oh dear what have I been missing, glad I only read your blog when you say so young man, and I do read yours Robyn do not understand why your's need parent approval!! I like it!!!!

My blog is rather boring with just Cakes and Al....ah well..
dive said…
Muuuuuuuum!
Can I read Robyn's blog?
Pleeeeeease?
Awww C'mon!
Sassy Sundry said…
I bet the word "bastard" didn't help you.
Sassy Sundry said…
Wait a minute. I've discussed fetishes, sex, and all sorts of things, and I'm only PG-13? It's because I used the word dead.
Scout said…
Dive, I'm sure Alifan will allow you to read my very very tame site, especially compared to your nasty filth--hee hee

Alifan,your site is not boring. Don't forget the pics of Oscar. He's lovely.

Sassy, I forgot about "bastard." See? It just goes to show how useless movie ratings are.
dive said…
Rats!
There was I thinking my filth was lovely.
It's organic, GM-free filth, Robyn; carefully selected from only the finest muck-heaps.
Nasty indeed!
Harumph!
I don't know Robyn I still hold firm that your blog is rated G. And it's one of the best Damn blogs out there for quality writing.
Sassy Sundry said…
Oh, and I swear like a sailor. Should my "eff words" get me into trouble with the ratings board?
Anonymous said…
Heh. I started with an R (it's been a slow period for rants) but now I'm NC-17. Timing is everything I guess.

And I'm tagging you.

Kisses
Alifan said…
Thanks for looking in my blog Robyn, I have left you a message on there....

Dive rang me tonight, to say my blog is child friendly.... how mild!!!!

OK Son you can read Robyns Blog, as long as I do not have to read yours, if there is that many bad words, and you know I give in to you everytime, so you do not have to plead>>>>>>>>>>
Anonymous said…
Dive, i got rated n-17. what does a girl have to do for a judicious x?

Popular posts from this blog

Am I Stupid, or What?

In two weeks, I will climb up into a charter bus, take my assigned seat, and ride 22 hours straight to Orlando, Florida. I will be a chaperon with the high school marching band, which will perform at Disney's Magic Kingdom--me and 180 people on four big buses for seven days. We will travel together, eat together, play together, fall down exhausted together--and after 22 hours, I suspect stink to high heaven together. Because of the crazy schedule, we will leave Ohio at 6 pm, travel all night and most of the next day, and spend several hours at MGM Studios before ending up at the hotel sometime after 7 pm. After I check in with the eight girls I am to supervise, I intend to shower and shower and shower. I intend to wear clean clothes and socks and brush my teeth until my toothbrush wears out. Of all the things I could be concerned about on this trip, being dirty seems to weigh heaviest on my mind. One of my eight charges could run off and do bad things with her boyfriend, but I'...

No More Mr. Nice Guy

It's good to be a nice person--to say nice things, to do nice things, to write nice things--but I declare an end to the use of the word nice. Nice is what you say when you can't think of any other adjective. Someone shows you a picture of their back yard--that's nice. Someone tells you about their afternoon adventure--that's nice. Or someone describes their childhood in great detail and sometimes with painstaking effort--that's nice. It's a lazy word, and it's non-descriptive. Nice is like mashed potatoes with noodles and chicken gravy all in a big pile on one plate with some canned corn for garnish. Everything is the same color and texture and base substance--starch (this is a favorite Amish dish). Nice is like a partly cloudy day in April when outside feels like inside, and you can't tell a difference between the lighting and the temperature of your living room and the lighting and temperature of your front yard. Nice is a glass of lukewarm water. ...

An Offending Pile

So, I'm standing in my living room letting my mind wander for a minute or two as I stare out the window and watch the day go by, and I see my neighbors walking their dogs down the street. They are nice neighbors who are always friendly and responsible with their property. That is to say they aren't like the other neighbors who heap rubbish behind their house like Ma and Pa Kettle and let their dogs bark for thirty minutes at a time . Anyway, I see the nice people walking their dogs, a big golden retriever who is as sweet as can be and as dumb as a post—he once ate a sock and nearly died before it was surgically removed—and a new golden retriever puppy. Then I see Neighbor Wife suddenly run down the street with the big dog. Then I see Neighbor Husband stopped in front of my house with the puppy on its leash. And then I see the puppy taking a huge dump in my grass. Let me tell you, that is not done in this town unless the dog owner has a plastic bag handy and is ready to pick up ...