Skip to main content

Monday Melee

Yes, I know it's Wednesday, but if Dive gets to do the Monday thing on Tuesday, then I should be allowed to do it on Wednesday. So here goes:

The Monday Melee

1. The Misanthtropic: Name something (about humanity) you absolutely hate.
Irresponsible parenting. We're all guilty on some level, but the extreme cases just effect us all so badly in the long run.

2. The Meretricious: Expose something or someone that’s phony, fraudulent or bogus.
The 50 gazillion different kinds of shampoo on the market shelves. It's all the same soapy crap but in different bottles with different names and supposedly for different purposes. Poo. No, SHAMpoo. Get it? I love the pun.

3. The Malcontent: Name something you’re unhappy with.
The coffee at work is just not up to par. I would like to have my bean-grinding machine from home right there in my office.

4. The Meritorious: Give someone credit for something and name it if you can.
Daughter #2 greeted me Monday evening after I returned from an orchestra rehearsal and actually asked me how my rehearsal went. It was so nice.

5. The Mirror: See something good about yourself and name it.
I am a good friend--loyal and true like a puppy.

6. The Make-Believe: Name something you wish for.
Spring. Enough with the snow and cold already.

Comments

dive said…
Have you read the ingredients in shampoo (as opposed to real poo)?
They always say "aqua" … Ha1
It's WATER, you dorks!

Sorry about that.

I'm right with you on the office coffee thing. I have to walk to the Brazilian deli several times a day to get decently caffeinated.
Sassy Sundry said…
Down with deathflakes and bad coffee! And good for the daughter.

I've been reading about Disney but keep getting caught at the job before I can comment.

I have three weeks of Sassy Sundries to do, so I think that Monday Melees on Wednesday is an excellent idea.
Know what you mean about daughter. There was a distinct change when asking my boys "how are you?" when they actually returned it! "Yep not bad and how are you?" Shows they're growing up. ALSO, my son cleaned tidied and hoovered his room yesterday, changing his bed linen into the bargain!! His girlfriend was coming round though... that's why that was. lol.
Shampoo - i'm a sucker for the stuff i'm afraid. They see me coming. I use Pantene ice shine because "it makes yer hair shine!" Goddddd. No hope for me. It DOES though!
Ms Mac said…
Eeeek! I am sucked in to the Shampoo thing. Would you believe me if I told you that I tried about twenty different shampoos before I found one suitable for my hair? It's really not all the same crap in different bottles. Not some.....

Pantene for curls. I can't give it up.

*hides in the corner*
dive said…
Lynn; they add silicone to shamppo to make the "shine".
It's like waxing your hair. You can get the same result cheaper by walking through a car wash.
Scout said…
OK, maybe I'm being a little harsh with the shampoo gripe. I'm just jealous because I use some salon stuff for thinning hair.

Dive's right about the wax. After awhile, you'll like a new car.
dive said…
And after the warranty runs out your hair will start to go rusty.
The coffee at work is just not up to par. I would like to have my bean-grinding machine from home right there in my office.
did you say coffee? Well, you will have to stop by the Beantown Caffe and have a cup with me :))
hmm interesting, Dive. Well, then i suppose i could walk through a car wash, but it doesn't have quite the same appeal as standing naked in the shower, rubbing my hair luxuriously in soapy, circular movements, closing my eyes in blissful, shivery, perfumend moments, its lather running all over me ... does it?
perfumed. Pantene seems to rule then, so far, out of brands anyway?
dive said…
Walking naked through the car wash might not appeal to you, Lynn, but I'm sure you would attract quite an audience.
Gina said…
Ha! Good pun!

Sometimes I am really glad that I don't like coffee.

Popular posts from this blog

Am I Stupid, or What?

In two weeks, I will climb up into a charter bus, take my assigned seat, and ride 22 hours straight to Orlando, Florida. I will be a chaperon with the high school marching band, which will perform at Disney's Magic Kingdom--me and 180 people on four big buses for seven days. We will travel together, eat together, play together, fall down exhausted together--and after 22 hours, I suspect stink to high heaven together. Because of the crazy schedule, we will leave Ohio at 6 pm, travel all night and most of the next day, and spend several hours at MGM Studios before ending up at the hotel sometime after 7 pm. After I check in with the eight girls I am to supervise, I intend to shower and shower and shower. I intend to wear clean clothes and socks and brush my teeth until my toothbrush wears out. Of all the things I could be concerned about on this trip, being dirty seems to weigh heaviest on my mind. One of my eight charges could run off and do bad things with her boyfriend, but I'...

No More Mr. Nice Guy

It's good to be a nice person--to say nice things, to do nice things, to write nice things--but I declare an end to the use of the word nice. Nice is what you say when you can't think of any other adjective. Someone shows you a picture of their back yard--that's nice. Someone tells you about their afternoon adventure--that's nice. Or someone describes their childhood in great detail and sometimes with painstaking effort--that's nice. It's a lazy word, and it's non-descriptive. Nice is like mashed potatoes with noodles and chicken gravy all in a big pile on one plate with some canned corn for garnish. Everything is the same color and texture and base substance--starch (this is a favorite Amish dish). Nice is like a partly cloudy day in April when outside feels like inside, and you can't tell a difference between the lighting and the temperature of your living room and the lighting and temperature of your front yard. Nice is a glass of lukewarm water. ...

An Offending Pile

So, I'm standing in my living room letting my mind wander for a minute or two as I stare out the window and watch the day go by, and I see my neighbors walking their dogs down the street. They are nice neighbors who are always friendly and responsible with their property. That is to say they aren't like the other neighbors who heap rubbish behind their house like Ma and Pa Kettle and let their dogs bark for thirty minutes at a time . Anyway, I see the nice people walking their dogs, a big golden retriever who is as sweet as can be and as dumb as a post—he once ate a sock and nearly died before it was surgically removed—and a new golden retriever puppy. Then I see Neighbor Wife suddenly run down the street with the big dog. Then I see Neighbor Husband stopped in front of my house with the puppy on its leash. And then I see the puppy taking a huge dump in my grass. Let me tell you, that is not done in this town unless the dog owner has a plastic bag handy and is ready to pick up ...