Skip to main content

ITunes Scrambler

After reading Dive's list of the first ten songs his ITunes spits out when set to randomly play, I thought I shouldn't bother because mine would most likely play pretty horn songs for me. But I was wrong. Here's what it gave me instead:

1. Slap Leather by James Taylor
2. Skater's Waltz from a Mantovani Christmas CD
3. Children, Go Where I Send you by Michael McDonald
4. White Christmas by Bing Crosby
5. Dead Wrong by The Fray
6. Melody of Love by Frank Sinatra and Ray Anthony
7. Planxty George Brabson from The Chieftains' Water from the Well CD
8. Miracle Drug from U2's How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
9. Play What's Written from Marcus Robert's The Joy of Joplin
10. Lost in the Stars--Judy Garland's astrocious Christmas Through the Ages CD

Comments

dive said…
How bizarre! No Steely Dan tracks!

Oooh, The Chieftains! Hoorah!
And a worrying proportion of Christmas music there, Robyn. Your iTunes must have a Christmas obsession like mine has a Steely Dan fixation.
Dave said…
Whenever I do the "random thing" on my ipod, I get AC/DC, guns 'n Roses, Bon Jovi...ABBA ... I gotta get rid of that ABBA!! :-)
Sassy Sundry said…
Christmas music? Still? Wow.
Scout said…
Dive, no Steely Dan tracks because they were never installed on my iPod to begin with.

Dave, (welcome) quite a difference between ABBA and Guns n Roses. I can't really talk though, considering the hodge podge of stuff I collect.

Sassy, weird, huh? I don't listen to Christmas music this time of year, but it's still in the big mix. I don't use the shuffle option very often.
Sassy Sundry said…
I'm a shuffler. I almost did a shuffle post today before reading Dive's blog, but I decided to do the Week in Review instead.
Old Knudsen said…
I take charge of my own life and tell the machines what to play, not the other way around.

Funny that both my Blog and yers got on the UROJ wall of honour, congradulations we must be more similar than I thought.
Scout said…
Old Knudson, I don't know what your talking about. What wall of honor (honour)?
Scout said…
OH, I see, Old K. That's very nice of them. We really aren't very similar, though, except for the color scheme. I think JanieBelle and Kate have ecletic tastes.
my play list all got deleted by some strange freak accident. I had lots of drum corps on there. good thing they are all backed up.
Gina said…
Well, that's definitely an eclectic mix! Sounds good, though.
Old Knudsen said…
UROJ? of course I meant UDOJ, I'm so dense sometimes, no need to agree.
Anonymous said…
You can say that again, Robyn.

You should hear all the different music we listen to!

Popular posts from this blog

An Offending Pile

So, I'm standing in my living room letting my mind wander for a minute or two as I stare out the window and watch the day go by, and I see my neighbors walking their dogs down the street. They are nice neighbors who are always friendly and responsible with their property. That is to say they aren't like the other neighbors who heap rubbish behind their house like Ma and Pa Kettle and let their dogs bark for thirty minutes at a time . Anyway, I see the nice people walking their dogs, a big golden retriever who is as sweet as can be and as dumb as a post—he once ate a sock and nearly died before it was surgically removed—and a new golden retriever puppy. Then I see Neighbor Wife suddenly run down the street with the big dog. Then I see Neighbor Husband stopped in front of my house with the puppy on its leash. And then I see the puppy taking a huge dump in my grass. Let me tell you, that is not done in this town unless the dog owner has a plastic bag handy and is ready to pick up ...

No More Mr. Nice Guy

It's good to be a nice person--to say nice things, to do nice things, to write nice things--but I declare an end to the use of the word nice. Nice is what you say when you can't think of any other adjective. Someone shows you a picture of their back yard--that's nice. Someone tells you about their afternoon adventure--that's nice. Or someone describes their childhood in great detail and sometimes with painstaking effort--that's nice. It's a lazy word, and it's non-descriptive. Nice is like mashed potatoes with noodles and chicken gravy all in a big pile on one plate with some canned corn for garnish. Everything is the same color and texture and base substance--starch (this is a favorite Amish dish). Nice is like a partly cloudy day in April when outside feels like inside, and you can't tell a difference between the lighting and the temperature of your living room and the lighting and temperature of your front yard. Nice is a glass of lukewarm water. ...

Am I Stupid, or What?

In two weeks, I will climb up into a charter bus, take my assigned seat, and ride 22 hours straight to Orlando, Florida. I will be a chaperon with the high school marching band, which will perform at Disney's Magic Kingdom--me and 180 people on four big buses for seven days. We will travel together, eat together, play together, fall down exhausted together--and after 22 hours, I suspect stink to high heaven together. Because of the crazy schedule, we will leave Ohio at 6 pm, travel all night and most of the next day, and spend several hours at MGM Studios before ending up at the hotel sometime after 7 pm. After I check in with the eight girls I am to supervise, I intend to shower and shower and shower. I intend to wear clean clothes and socks and brush my teeth until my toothbrush wears out. Of all the things I could be concerned about on this trip, being dirty seems to weigh heaviest on my mind. One of my eight charges could run off and do bad things with her boyfriend, but I'...