Skip to main content

My Custom-made Blanket

No. 1 is very busy with grad school these days, but before classes started, she kept herself occupied by crocheting. She likes to do that, so she found a pattern for a blanket and made it for her study—it looks great with the red walls and the wooden blinds we installed in the huge windows.

I liked the design so much, I asked her to make one for me. So, using yarn I ordered and had shipped to her, she got to work. Here is what she made—Tiger likes it, too.

Tiger also likes my horn case and tends to curl up in it when I practice.

The little guy had a tumor removed from his leg and will have the stitches removed on Friday. He seems OK to me, but we're still waiting on the results of the biopsy.

Comments

Shan said…
This is the cutest blanket! Your girls are both so clever and crafty like their momma! Oh dear, what am I passing down to my children? :]

I hope Tiger is Ok. I'm sure the horn case therapy will have him good as new in no time.
MmeBenaut said…
Very clever daughter; gorgeous blanket for poor Tiger who looks very comfortable in your horn case.
dive said…
Ahhhhh …
That's a lovely blanket, Robyn, but the photo of Tiger in your horn case is simply irresistible.
Really lovely blanket. I know how to do the circles but incorporating them into the blanket, being rectangular....how?

Popular posts from this blog

Am I Stupid, or What?

In two weeks, I will climb up into a charter bus, take my assigned seat, and ride 22 hours straight to Orlando, Florida. I will be a chaperon with the high school marching band, which will perform at Disney's Magic Kingdom--me and 180 people on four big buses for seven days. We will travel together, eat together, play together, fall down exhausted together--and after 22 hours, I suspect stink to high heaven together. Because of the crazy schedule, we will leave Ohio at 6 pm, travel all night and most of the next day, and spend several hours at MGM Studios before ending up at the hotel sometime after 7 pm. After I check in with the eight girls I am to supervise, I intend to shower and shower and shower. I intend to wear clean clothes and socks and brush my teeth until my toothbrush wears out. Of all the things I could be concerned about on this trip, being dirty seems to weigh heaviest on my mind. One of my eight charges could run off and do bad things with her boyfriend, but I'...

No More Mr. Nice Guy

It's good to be a nice person--to say nice things, to do nice things, to write nice things--but I declare an end to the use of the word nice. Nice is what you say when you can't think of any other adjective. Someone shows you a picture of their back yard--that's nice. Someone tells you about their afternoon adventure--that's nice. Or someone describes their childhood in great detail and sometimes with painstaking effort--that's nice. It's a lazy word, and it's non-descriptive. Nice is like mashed potatoes with noodles and chicken gravy all in a big pile on one plate with some canned corn for garnish. Everything is the same color and texture and base substance--starch (this is a favorite Amish dish). Nice is like a partly cloudy day in April when outside feels like inside, and you can't tell a difference between the lighting and the temperature of your living room and the lighting and temperature of your front yard. Nice is a glass of lukewarm water. ...

An Offending Pile

So, I'm standing in my living room letting my mind wander for a minute or two as I stare out the window and watch the day go by, and I see my neighbors walking their dogs down the street. They are nice neighbors who are always friendly and responsible with their property. That is to say they aren't like the other neighbors who heap rubbish behind their house like Ma and Pa Kettle and let their dogs bark for thirty minutes at a time . Anyway, I see the nice people walking their dogs, a big golden retriever who is as sweet as can be and as dumb as a post—he once ate a sock and nearly died before it was surgically removed—and a new golden retriever puppy. Then I see Neighbor Wife suddenly run down the street with the big dog. Then I see Neighbor Husband stopped in front of my house with the puppy on its leash. And then I see the puppy taking a huge dump in my grass. Let me tell you, that is not done in this town unless the dog owner has a plastic bag handy and is ready to pick up ...