Skip to main content

Did Ya Ever Hear a Knockin?

I honestly don't have anything to say on the subject of privacy. I just love this picture. Eustacia took it over the weekend while she was experimenting with my camera.

I don't have time to think of anything more interesting to offer you today because I am about to go volunteer for the English class this morning. I haven't been there much lately because I have either been too busy with work or not feeling well. Because the students bring their little kids for a separate learning program, they are always being reminded not to show up for class if someone is really sick. So, I thought it would be wise to follow the same advice and keep my distance. I'm feeling better today, though, so I'll read and giggle. We always seem to find something to laugh at in these reading exercises. I suspect the people who write them are easily bored and like to interject silly things just to spice up the day.

When you're finished admiring the photo of Mike trying to take a bath in peace, you can enjoy this photo of Tiger taking a nap in Eustacia's art class portfolio.

Comments

Alifan said…
Lovely pics Robyn... have a few of Oscar in some of those positions...they are comical to watch these cats....

Hope you are feeling better now....xx
dive said…
Yay! Hoorah for Mike showing the world his rather attractive bottom and hoorah for Tiger being a bagpus and hoorah for Eustacia for capturing them for us.
As if those aren't enough hoorahs, hoorah for you for cheering me up with them, Robyn.
Sassy Sundry said…
Oh my. Those are some great pictures!

Have fun with class.
MmeBenaut said…
Eustacia has managed to win my heart. Cats are just so darn interesting to watch.

Popular posts from this blog

An Offending Pile

So, I'm standing in my living room letting my mind wander for a minute or two as I stare out the window and watch the day go by, and I see my neighbors walking their dogs down the street. They are nice neighbors who are always friendly and responsible with their property. That is to say they aren't like the other neighbors who heap rubbish behind their house like Ma and Pa Kettle and let their dogs bark for thirty minutes at a time . Anyway, I see the nice people walking their dogs, a big golden retriever who is as sweet as can be and as dumb as a post—he once ate a sock and nearly died before it was surgically removed—and a new golden retriever puppy. Then I see Neighbor Wife suddenly run down the street with the big dog. Then I see Neighbor Husband stopped in front of my house with the puppy on its leash. And then I see the puppy taking a huge dump in my grass. Let me tell you, that is not done in this town unless the dog owner has a plastic bag handy and is ready to pick up ...

Long Live Anita Bowser

You know I occasionally check my hometown newspaper's website to scan the obituaries (morbid, I know, but I'm at that age). Over this past weekend, I read the obituary of Indiana State Senator Anita Bowser . She was a noted Democrat who championed causes protecting the neediest in the state's population. She was respected on both sides of the aisle for her intelligence and plain and outspoken approach to law making. The picture on her senate page is lovely. I remember none of those things about Anita Bowser . My first year or so in college was spent at a branch of Purdue University, and in the early 80s, Anita was a political science professor. She taught my American Government class my freshman year, and she was a mess. Somewhere in my old text book, I have a sketch of her drawn on a particularly dull day in class--her hose sagged at her ankles, her slip showed at least half an inch all the way around, her hair had been slept on but not brushed, and her bright red lip stic...

A New Ride

I have a new car. I have a new car. I have a new car. I traded in my big-ass Pacifica for a Camry Hybrid. It's pretty. See? It has keyless ignition (which seems to serve no purpose but to keep you from having to put the key in the ignition). It has heated seats. It has dual climate control. It has a talking map with little flags to represent the location of restaurant--for example, Bob Evans is marked with an American flag, and a pizza shop is marked with an Italian flag. It has a sunroof which I will never open because the passing wind sucks out my ears. It also has Sirius radio, and so now I have my very own Broadway channel and the Amaazing Seth Rudestsky. I think Seth and I are going to become good friends. Cars don't bring happiness, but this one brings show tunes.