Skip to main content

As Much As I Enjoy Shoes...

I'll let you read this anyway, if you want.

Can you imagine watching Gone With the Wind in black and white? It was actually on Turner Classic Movies yesterday, so I watched it and was glad I had a color TV.

Comments

dive said…
That's a wonderful piece, Robyn; one of your best yet, and that's saying something.
Anonymous said…
Great article Robyn! My econimics would work better if I only bought shoes that fit me - I have had a pair of Merrill shoes all boxed and ready to send you for weeks. They look just like you - cute and comfortable. I'll get them mailed tomorrow.
Sorry I've missed a lot; flu.
Robyn I'm proud of you for this great piece! Love the intro too - was that yours or has it been changed? Others might think I'm insulting you there. I'm not, as you well know, and will know what I mean. lol. Fantastic!
savannah said…
well done, sugar! we need your coulmn in our small town nws! ;) xox

(when did you add the darling hat to your header? too cute!!!)
Scout said…
Dive, thank you.

Sister, I can't wait for the shoes.

Lynn, hee hee. It's mine.

Savannah, get me syndicated, and you have all the articles you want. I added that big winter hat during a snow storm. I'll change it something more springy when the weather changes.

Popular posts from this blog

An Offending Pile

So, I'm standing in my living room letting my mind wander for a minute or two as I stare out the window and watch the day go by, and I see my neighbors walking their dogs down the street. They are nice neighbors who are always friendly and responsible with their property. That is to say they aren't like the other neighbors who heap rubbish behind their house like Ma and Pa Kettle and let their dogs bark for thirty minutes at a time . Anyway, I see the nice people walking their dogs, a big golden retriever who is as sweet as can be and as dumb as a post—he once ate a sock and nearly died before it was surgically removed—and a new golden retriever puppy. Then I see Neighbor Wife suddenly run down the street with the big dog. Then I see Neighbor Husband stopped in front of my house with the puppy on its leash. And then I see the puppy taking a huge dump in my grass. Let me tell you, that is not done in this town unless the dog owner has a plastic bag handy and is ready to pick up ...

Long Live Anita Bowser

You know I occasionally check my hometown newspaper's website to scan the obituaries (morbid, I know, but I'm at that age). Over this past weekend, I read the obituary of Indiana State Senator Anita Bowser . She was a noted Democrat who championed causes protecting the neediest in the state's population. She was respected on both sides of the aisle for her intelligence and plain and outspoken approach to law making. The picture on her senate page is lovely. I remember none of those things about Anita Bowser . My first year or so in college was spent at a branch of Purdue University, and in the early 80s, Anita was a political science professor. She taught my American Government class my freshman year, and she was a mess. Somewhere in my old text book, I have a sketch of her drawn on a particularly dull day in class--her hose sagged at her ankles, her slip showed at least half an inch all the way around, her hair had been slept on but not brushed, and her bright red lip stic...

A New Ride

I have a new car. I have a new car. I have a new car. I traded in my big-ass Pacifica for a Camry Hybrid. It's pretty. See? It has keyless ignition (which seems to serve no purpose but to keep you from having to put the key in the ignition). It has heated seats. It has dual climate control. It has a talking map with little flags to represent the location of restaurant--for example, Bob Evans is marked with an American flag, and a pizza shop is marked with an Italian flag. It has a sunroof which I will never open because the passing wind sucks out my ears. It also has Sirius radio, and so now I have my very own Broadway channel and the Amaazing Seth Rudestsky. I think Seth and I are going to become good friends. Cars don't bring happiness, but this one brings show tunes.