Skip to main content

Christmasy Shadows

I've got a ton of work to do, so all I can offer are photos. These are shadows around my house made from Christmas lights. I remember as a kid how my sisters and I would turn out all the lights but the Christmas tree lights, lay on the floor, and look at the shadows on the ceiling and walls of the living room.

This is from the lighted greenery on the dining room mantel.

The other side of that same mantel.

An angel surrounded by greenery on the buffet.

Comments

dive said…
Beautiful, Robyn.
Gorgeous Robyn. I'm so glad you took these magical pics. I love shadows too.
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous pictures Scout and a clever take on Christmas.
Alifan said…
Lovely Robyn.... like you been a bit busy, but getting there, just a bit more baking to do for others, then I can start on ours....

And find some decorations from the loft...way behind this year....

But I have had "man cold" and felt lousy.....but on the mend now!!!!
Scout said…
Alifan, I'm sorry to hear you have been sick. "Man colds" are no fun at all, especially around the holidays. Enjoy your baking as you recover.
MmeBenaut said…
Lovely soft shadows. Magical indeed.

Popular posts from this blog

My New Sweater

I spent over a week and a half exploring two incredible cities, Paris and London. Once back home, I suffered through 95-degree days with 99% humidity, day after day after day. And what did I do through it all? I knitted a sweater. While on vacation, I found I had a few hours to myself every morning because I am an early riser, and the others in the family tend to sleep in. So, I knitted. When the weather is unsuitable for man and cat, I tend to stay inside, so I knitted. It took me two weeks to finish this simple pattern of stockinette stitching using Noro Kureyon, a Japanese silk yarn, and US8 needles. Imagine what I could make on a trip around the world or if I lived in Florida in August.

What the Heck is That?

I like to cook, although the day-to-day chore of planning an evening meal and preparing it can be a drudgery, day after day after day after day. Still, even though I feel used up sometimes and wish I never had to cook another dinner, I like the general idea of cooking. I get excited at the prospect of cracking open a new cookbook, and proper markets with interesting ingredients from outside the county circle make me want to break out the wooden spoons and strap on my monogrammed apron. I take certain things for granted--simple ingredients that I buy in jars like cinnamon and capers--and I don't stop to think about what the heck they are. What is a caper, anyway? So, I did a little digging, and here is what I found about certain spices that don't come from the ground in glass containers. Capers: these are the buds of a perennial shrub that is native to the Mediterranean. They are picked ripe and then pickled in a brine or salted and sold by size--the smaller the better. Sometim...

Guess What Today Is