Skip to main content

Back Home but On the Run

I have an incredibly busy day ahead of me today with photo shoots and costume hunting and possibly picking Mike up from the vet's, so I'll just give you some highlights from the holiday trip to Georgia.

For me, the main highlight was spending time with my sisters. I see them all just two days a year because we are scattered around in different states. I wish we could see each other more often, but it rarely seems to work out that we can gather at any other time but Christmas.

Here we are years and years ago with me holding all those stuffed animals. Of course, we don't look anything like this now, thank goodness.

Here are my new shoes, a gift from daughter No. 1. Eustacia gave me a Spanish in 3 Weeks language program which I can't wait to look into it.

Here is Tiger enjoying the gift exchange before we left for the larger celebration in Georgia.

And here are my girls during a shopping trip with my family.

Comments

dive said…
Oh, my! I so love that first photo, Robyn! You were such a cutie!

Hoorah for Tiger! Cats and wrapping paper are a recipe for fun.

And that green guy with the antlers and the bow tie has impeccable taste in chatting up your two beautiful girls.

Welcome home!
Ohhh your girls look divine. I too posted a pic of my boys shopping today! How weird. Not their faces though, as you shall see.

Your shoes look so comfy. Hola, como esta usted? Tengo tres hijos, Robyn. Tienes dos hijas. lol! Good luck with that. We can practise by email if you like - I studied at uni level but I'm soooooo rusty and crave Spanish.

Look at you, little cutie in the first photo!
Alifan said…
Welcome home Robyn...

Lovely photo's......
I like the holiday moose.
MmeBenaut said…
Fabulous photos, Robyn. Sounds like you had so much fun. Your daughters really are stunning!

Popular posts from this blog

An Offending Pile

So, I'm standing in my living room letting my mind wander for a minute or two as I stare out the window and watch the day go by, and I see my neighbors walking their dogs down the street. They are nice neighbors who are always friendly and responsible with their property. That is to say they aren't like the other neighbors who heap rubbish behind their house like Ma and Pa Kettle and let their dogs bark for thirty minutes at a time . Anyway, I see the nice people walking their dogs, a big golden retriever who is as sweet as can be and as dumb as a post—he once ate a sock and nearly died before it was surgically removed—and a new golden retriever puppy. Then I see Neighbor Wife suddenly run down the street with the big dog. Then I see Neighbor Husband stopped in front of my house with the puppy on its leash. And then I see the puppy taking a huge dump in my grass. Let me tell you, that is not done in this town unless the dog owner has a plastic bag handy and is ready to pick up ...

No More Mr. Nice Guy

It's good to be a nice person--to say nice things, to do nice things, to write nice things--but I declare an end to the use of the word nice. Nice is what you say when you can't think of any other adjective. Someone shows you a picture of their back yard--that's nice. Someone tells you about their afternoon adventure--that's nice. Or someone describes their childhood in great detail and sometimes with painstaking effort--that's nice. It's a lazy word, and it's non-descriptive. Nice is like mashed potatoes with noodles and chicken gravy all in a big pile on one plate with some canned corn for garnish. Everything is the same color and texture and base substance--starch (this is a favorite Amish dish). Nice is like a partly cloudy day in April when outside feels like inside, and you can't tell a difference between the lighting and the temperature of your living room and the lighting and temperature of your front yard. Nice is a glass of lukewarm water. ...

Long Live Anita Bowser

You know I occasionally check my hometown newspaper's website to scan the obituaries (morbid, I know, but I'm at that age). Over this past weekend, I read the obituary of Indiana State Senator Anita Bowser . She was a noted Democrat who championed causes protecting the neediest in the state's population. She was respected on both sides of the aisle for her intelligence and plain and outspoken approach to law making. The picture on her senate page is lovely. I remember none of those things about Anita Bowser . My first year or so in college was spent at a branch of Purdue University, and in the early 80s, Anita was a political science professor. She taught my American Government class my freshman year, and she was a mess. Somewhere in my old text book, I have a sketch of her drawn on a particularly dull day in class--her hose sagged at her ankles, her slip showed at least half an inch all the way around, her hair had been slept on but not brushed, and her bright red lip stic...