Skip to main content

Saturday Soundtrack—Christmas Time Is Here

A Charlie Brown Christmas is my all-time favorite holiday treat, and the music has a lot to do with that. In honor of today being December 1, and since I have already been listening to Christmas music for over a week, here is one of the easier tunes to play from the Vince Guaraldi sound track. I left in the sound of the page turn so you could feel like you're sitting in my music room while I play--I left in the odd notes for the same effect.



Christmas time is here
Happiness and cheer
Fun for all that children call
Their favorite time of the year

Snowflakes in the air
Carols everywhere
Olden times and ancient rhymes
Of love and dreams to share

Sleigh bells in the air
Beauty everywhere
Yuletide by the fireside
And joyful memories there

Christmas time is here
We'll be drawing near
Oh, that we could always see
Such spirit through the year
Oh, that we could always see
Such spirit through the year...

Comments

dive said…
Robyn, that is beautiful.
Thank you so much.
A Christmas tune I can actually listen to without wanting to throw things.
More, please.
Merry Christmas CHUCK!!!
Isadora said…
Music improves virtually everything - don't you think. :)
Mrs. G. said…
Wonderful. My son and I watched this the other night and it holds up year after year. This is my idea of beautiful music.
Very sweet.
Janet said…
Awww, I love that song, thanks!!!
Anonymous said…
You know, not to be Scrooge at a lovefest, but you might recall this is my least favorite Christmas song. I have to leave retail environments when it plays. The melody is clearly melancholy and the kids sound in need of antidepressants. The rest of the Guaraldi album? No problem. Give me something jazzy and classic "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm" by Billie Holiday or "The Christmas Waltz" by the Carpenters, Andy Williams singing "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."

Popular posts from this blog

Am I Stupid, or What?

In two weeks, I will climb up into a charter bus, take my assigned seat, and ride 22 hours straight to Orlando, Florida. I will be a chaperon with the high school marching band, which will perform at Disney's Magic Kingdom--me and 180 people on four big buses for seven days. We will travel together, eat together, play together, fall down exhausted together--and after 22 hours, I suspect stink to high heaven together. Because of the crazy schedule, we will leave Ohio at 6 pm, travel all night and most of the next day, and spend several hours at MGM Studios before ending up at the hotel sometime after 7 pm. After I check in with the eight girls I am to supervise, I intend to shower and shower and shower. I intend to wear clean clothes and socks and brush my teeth until my toothbrush wears out. Of all the things I could be concerned about on this trip, being dirty seems to weigh heaviest on my mind. One of my eight charges could run off and do bad things with her boyfriend, but I'...

No More Mr. Nice Guy

It's good to be a nice person--to say nice things, to do nice things, to write nice things--but I declare an end to the use of the word nice. Nice is what you say when you can't think of any other adjective. Someone shows you a picture of their back yard--that's nice. Someone tells you about their afternoon adventure--that's nice. Or someone describes their childhood in great detail and sometimes with painstaking effort--that's nice. It's a lazy word, and it's non-descriptive. Nice is like mashed potatoes with noodles and chicken gravy all in a big pile on one plate with some canned corn for garnish. Everything is the same color and texture and base substance--starch (this is a favorite Amish dish). Nice is like a partly cloudy day in April when outside feels like inside, and you can't tell a difference between the lighting and the temperature of your living room and the lighting and temperature of your front yard. Nice is a glass of lukewarm water. ...

An Offending Pile

So, I'm standing in my living room letting my mind wander for a minute or two as I stare out the window and watch the day go by, and I see my neighbors walking their dogs down the street. They are nice neighbors who are always friendly and responsible with their property. That is to say they aren't like the other neighbors who heap rubbish behind their house like Ma and Pa Kettle and let their dogs bark for thirty minutes at a time . Anyway, I see the nice people walking their dogs, a big golden retriever who is as sweet as can be and as dumb as a post—he once ate a sock and nearly died before it was surgically removed—and a new golden retriever puppy. Then I see Neighbor Wife suddenly run down the street with the big dog. Then I see Neighbor Husband stopped in front of my house with the puppy on its leash. And then I see the puppy taking a huge dump in my grass. Let me tell you, that is not done in this town unless the dog owner has a plastic bag handy and is ready to pick up ...