Skip to main content

Bon Voyage

I'm going on a cruise. I'll be back in a week or so with plenty of stories and maybe a picture or two. Happy new year to you all.

Comments

dive said…
Happy New Year, Robyn!
Have a marvellous time. See you in 2008.
dive said…
By the way; where DID you get that wonderful photograph?

Bon voyage!
Good for you Rich. Enjoy.
Oops Robyn not Rich! he he. Too much brandy sauce on the pud.
Scout said…
Dive, I stole it from Getty, like all the great old black and whites I use. Happy New Year!

Lynn, I'm glad you cleared that up, because I was a little confused. at least you enjoyed your pud.
Sassy Sundry said…
JEALOUS! Have fun! Happy New Year!
Karen Jensen said…
I took a cruise last year. Great fun. I hope you have a wonderful time.
lol yes it was yum Robyn. Still eating it actually... Errors expected.
Anonymous said…
Happy New Year Robyn - can't wait for the pics of your cruise. Happy Sailing ...
Anonymous said…
Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.
Came over here to wish you Happy New Year, Robyn. But you're still on your gorgeous, hot, luxurious cruise aren't you. Grr. How envious am i. Still, i'd like some photos of your wonderful trip.
Alifan said…
Happy New Year from me as well Robyn...
Expect you have had a wonderful cruise.....

Popular posts from this blog

An Offending Pile

So, I'm standing in my living room letting my mind wander for a minute or two as I stare out the window and watch the day go by, and I see my neighbors walking their dogs down the street. They are nice neighbors who are always friendly and responsible with their property. That is to say they aren't like the other neighbors who heap rubbish behind their house like Ma and Pa Kettle and let their dogs bark for thirty minutes at a time . Anyway, I see the nice people walking their dogs, a big golden retriever who is as sweet as can be and as dumb as a post—he once ate a sock and nearly died before it was surgically removed—and a new golden retriever puppy. Then I see Neighbor Wife suddenly run down the street with the big dog. Then I see Neighbor Husband stopped in front of my house with the puppy on its leash. And then I see the puppy taking a huge dump in my grass. Let me tell you, that is not done in this town unless the dog owner has a plastic bag handy and is ready to pick up ...

No More Mr. Nice Guy

It's good to be a nice person--to say nice things, to do nice things, to write nice things--but I declare an end to the use of the word nice. Nice is what you say when you can't think of any other adjective. Someone shows you a picture of their back yard--that's nice. Someone tells you about their afternoon adventure--that's nice. Or someone describes their childhood in great detail and sometimes with painstaking effort--that's nice. It's a lazy word, and it's non-descriptive. Nice is like mashed potatoes with noodles and chicken gravy all in a big pile on one plate with some canned corn for garnish. Everything is the same color and texture and base substance--starch (this is a favorite Amish dish). Nice is like a partly cloudy day in April when outside feels like inside, and you can't tell a difference between the lighting and the temperature of your living room and the lighting and temperature of your front yard. Nice is a glass of lukewarm water. ...

Long Live Anita Bowser

You know I occasionally check my hometown newspaper's website to scan the obituaries (morbid, I know, but I'm at that age). Over this past weekend, I read the obituary of Indiana State Senator Anita Bowser . She was a noted Democrat who championed causes protecting the neediest in the state's population. She was respected on both sides of the aisle for her intelligence and plain and outspoken approach to law making. The picture on her senate page is lovely. I remember none of those things about Anita Bowser . My first year or so in college was spent at a branch of Purdue University, and in the early 80s, Anita was a political science professor. She taught my American Government class my freshman year, and she was a mess. Somewhere in my old text book, I have a sketch of her drawn on a particularly dull day in class--her hose sagged at her ankles, her slip showed at least half an inch all the way around, her hair had been slept on but not brushed, and her bright red lip stic...