Skip to main content

Three Things Meme

I lifted this Meme from Terroni. I liked her answers so much I kept some of them as mine--only the ones that applied.

3 Things That Scare Me:
1. Failure
2. The dark
3. Spiders

3 People Who Make Me Laugh:
1. The Marx Brothers
2. The entire cast of The Office
3. David Sedaris

3 Things I Love:
1. My French horn
2. Wine
3. Chocolate

3 Things I Hate:
1. Ketchup
2. Exercise
3. Elevator music

3 Things I don't understand:
1. Numbers
2. Women who aren't feminists
3. Plastic surgery

3 Things on my desk:
1. An Etch-a-Sketch
2. Chocolate (yes, Green & Blacks)
3. Pencils

3 Things I am doing right now:
1. Putting on my sock
2. Drinking coffee
3. Watching CNN

3 Things I want to do before I die:
1. Publish my books
2. Earn a permanent seat in an orchestra
3. Be interviewed by Charlie Gibson

3 Things I can do:
1. Knit
2. Imitate a mourning dove
3. Play the piano

3 Things I can't do:
1. Drive a stick shift
2. Cartwheels
3. Speak a foreign language

3 things I think you should listen to:
1. Beethoven
2. Mourning doves
3. Garrison Keillor

3 Things you should never listen to:
1. Elevator music
2. The 700 Club
3. People who dismiss your potential

3 Things I'd like to learn:
1. A foreign language
2. Music theory
3. Web design

3 Favorite Foods:
1. Salmon
2. Cheesecake
3. Peanut M&Ms

The original Meme had an item here--3 Things You Regret--I have deleted it because regrets are so unproductive, sitting here and trying to list them would serve no purpose, where as sitting here and listing things I like to eat and things that scare me and things I like to listen to serve a great purpose. hee hee

Comments

Sassy Sundry said…
Excellent answers. May you be interviewed by Charlie Gibson.

I do have to speak up in defense of ketchup, though. I love the stuff. Shut up, Dive.
dive said…
I'm sitting here sucking on a bottle of ketchup myself, Sassy.
And they are indeed excellent answers, Robyn.
And you already speak a foreign language: American. Can't understand a word of it myself …
I don't have CNN, but I'm definitely going to try putting on a sock while drinking coffee … unless the girls in the deli try to throw me out.
Ms Mac said…
I'll join you in your anti-ketchup camp, Robyn. My loathing of the vile red sauce just crept up on me when I wasn't looking. Whereas I used to enjoy a tomato sauce sandwich not the very thought of ketchup anywhere near any of my foods makes me feel quite ill.
Anonymous said…
it's funny that you should mention David Sedaris, I just started to re-read his book One day I talk pretty
Scout said…
Sassy, now that Gibson has left GMA, I'm afraid I'm out of luck.

Dive, ketchup is just nasty, the way it slimes up the bottle and oozes out all over everything. Shiver.

Ms Mac, I have no idea what a tomato sauce sandwich is.

Rich, someone at work has his Naked book on iTunes, so I've been able to listen to the whole thing over the last few days. What a story teller.
Terroni said…
Love your meme--thanks for the nod!

I can't drive a stick shift either. Tried once. Spent a full 8 minutes at a red light trying to get the damn thing into 1st. I thought the other drivers were going to shoot me!
GG said…
Great meme. Cheers to hating exercise and loving cheesecake!
I can't drive a manual (stick shift) either. People usually look at me in disbelief when I tell them, especially Brits, so I rarely mention it. Oh yes, you heard it here first :)
Maria said…
I've never heard of anyone imitating a mourning dove....

See? I knew you would be interesting.

Nice blog. I arrived here via Terroni, and then via Rich.

Ay yi yi...so many interesting bloggers out there....yes?
Ms Mac said…
Two slices of white bread, buttered and spread with tomato sauce*/red sauce**/ketchup***.

I used to love them!

*What I call it if I am being posh
** What I call it if I am talking to the boys
***What I call it if I am speaking to an American!
Gina said…
I have never listened to even a second of the 700 Club, and I think I am a better person for it.
Terroni said…
Regarding Rent in Akron, do you have dinner plans yet? If not, I recommend a reservation at Crave (57 E. Market)--yum!!

Popular posts from this blog

Am I Stupid, or What?

In two weeks, I will climb up into a charter bus, take my assigned seat, and ride 22 hours straight to Orlando, Florida. I will be a chaperon with the high school marching band, which will perform at Disney's Magic Kingdom--me and 180 people on four big buses for seven days. We will travel together, eat together, play together, fall down exhausted together--and after 22 hours, I suspect stink to high heaven together. Because of the crazy schedule, we will leave Ohio at 6 pm, travel all night and most of the next day, and spend several hours at MGM Studios before ending up at the hotel sometime after 7 pm. After I check in with the eight girls I am to supervise, I intend to shower and shower and shower. I intend to wear clean clothes and socks and brush my teeth until my toothbrush wears out. Of all the things I could be concerned about on this trip, being dirty seems to weigh heaviest on my mind. One of my eight charges could run off and do bad things with her boyfriend, but I'...

No More Mr. Nice Guy

It's good to be a nice person--to say nice things, to do nice things, to write nice things--but I declare an end to the use of the word nice. Nice is what you say when you can't think of any other adjective. Someone shows you a picture of their back yard--that's nice. Someone tells you about their afternoon adventure--that's nice. Or someone describes their childhood in great detail and sometimes with painstaking effort--that's nice. It's a lazy word, and it's non-descriptive. Nice is like mashed potatoes with noodles and chicken gravy all in a big pile on one plate with some canned corn for garnish. Everything is the same color and texture and base substance--starch (this is a favorite Amish dish). Nice is like a partly cloudy day in April when outside feels like inside, and you can't tell a difference between the lighting and the temperature of your living room and the lighting and temperature of your front yard. Nice is a glass of lukewarm water. ...

An Offending Pile

So, I'm standing in my living room letting my mind wander for a minute or two as I stare out the window and watch the day go by, and I see my neighbors walking their dogs down the street. They are nice neighbors who are always friendly and responsible with their property. That is to say they aren't like the other neighbors who heap rubbish behind their house like Ma and Pa Kettle and let their dogs bark for thirty minutes at a time . Anyway, I see the nice people walking their dogs, a big golden retriever who is as sweet as can be and as dumb as a post—he once ate a sock and nearly died before it was surgically removed—and a new golden retriever puppy. Then I see Neighbor Wife suddenly run down the street with the big dog. Then I see Neighbor Husband stopped in front of my house with the puppy on its leash. And then I see the puppy taking a huge dump in my grass. Let me tell you, that is not done in this town unless the dog owner has a plastic bag handy and is ready to pick up ...