Skip to main content

Yee-Ha!

My site-meter has registered 1000 hits! And the person to reach the magic number was some dope from Glasgow, Scotland who didn't even bother to pin the map, even though he/she read for a few minutes at least (it wasn't Old Knudson).

In fact, it's Old Knudson who is here to present the trophy to the winning visitor, whoever he/she is.

Comments

dive said…
Hoorah!
1,000 congratulations, Robyn.

That's a handsome photo of what must have been Young Knudson. But is he awarding that trophy or purloining it?
Anonymous said…
note: I hate blogger today. have been trying to post this comment for AGES, arrgh.
________________________________

a shame old knudson wasn't the winning dope...

but then we both have our suspicions about dear ol' barnacle britches.

would the tropy be the Yee-ha Award for Dopes? or the Yee-ha Award for Excellence in Dopery? (or would that be Doperishness or Doperosity?)

have you looked outside lately? it's all snowy and seems as if God is sifting powdered sugar down on us.
That's a mighty fine looking trophy.. I wouldn't mind having that for meself!!!
Old Knudsen said…
Suspect away the lot of yous,remember site meters like old scots are liars. Robyn to celebrate I got really drunk , posted and insulted people, no wait thats me usual enjoy your trophy, it contains the ashes of Fat Sam the very first Blogger, and a few cigarette butts.
Scout said…
Thanks to all of you. It's a shame I don't have an actual trophy to award. I think I'll just treat myself to a piece of bittersweet chocolate and a strong cup of coffee. I don't get out very often, I guess, if that's the best I can do.

Popular posts from this blog

An Offending Pile

So, I'm standing in my living room letting my mind wander for a minute or two as I stare out the window and watch the day go by, and I see my neighbors walking their dogs down the street. They are nice neighbors who are always friendly and responsible with their property. That is to say they aren't like the other neighbors who heap rubbish behind their house like Ma and Pa Kettle and let their dogs bark for thirty minutes at a time . Anyway, I see the nice people walking their dogs, a big golden retriever who is as sweet as can be and as dumb as a post—he once ate a sock and nearly died before it was surgically removed—and a new golden retriever puppy. Then I see Neighbor Wife suddenly run down the street with the big dog. Then I see Neighbor Husband stopped in front of my house with the puppy on its leash. And then I see the puppy taking a huge dump in my grass. Let me tell you, that is not done in this town unless the dog owner has a plastic bag handy and is ready to pick up ...

No More Mr. Nice Guy

It's good to be a nice person--to say nice things, to do nice things, to write nice things--but I declare an end to the use of the word nice. Nice is what you say when you can't think of any other adjective. Someone shows you a picture of their back yard--that's nice. Someone tells you about their afternoon adventure--that's nice. Or someone describes their childhood in great detail and sometimes with painstaking effort--that's nice. It's a lazy word, and it's non-descriptive. Nice is like mashed potatoes with noodles and chicken gravy all in a big pile on one plate with some canned corn for garnish. Everything is the same color and texture and base substance--starch (this is a favorite Amish dish). Nice is like a partly cloudy day in April when outside feels like inside, and you can't tell a difference between the lighting and the temperature of your living room and the lighting and temperature of your front yard. Nice is a glass of lukewarm water. ...

Long Live Anita Bowser

You know I occasionally check my hometown newspaper's website to scan the obituaries (morbid, I know, but I'm at that age). Over this past weekend, I read the obituary of Indiana State Senator Anita Bowser . She was a noted Democrat who championed causes protecting the neediest in the state's population. She was respected on both sides of the aisle for her intelligence and plain and outspoken approach to law making. The picture on her senate page is lovely. I remember none of those things about Anita Bowser . My first year or so in college was spent at a branch of Purdue University, and in the early 80s, Anita was a political science professor. She taught my American Government class my freshman year, and she was a mess. Somewhere in my old text book, I have a sketch of her drawn on a particularly dull day in class--her hose sagged at her ankles, her slip showed at least half an inch all the way around, her hair had been slept on but not brushed, and her bright red lip stic...