I'm still mulling over the details of my own funeral and whether or not I want to define them here and now. While I'm thinking, here is a list of epitaphs for inspiration:- "I don't want to talk about it now"--Bonnie Anderson
- "That's All Folks"--Mel Blanc
- "Called Back" --Emily Dickinson
- "Steel True, Blade Straight"--Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- "...that nothing's so sacred as honor and nothing's so loyal as love"--Wyatt and Josephine Earp
- "Murdered by a traitor and a coward whose name is not worthy to appear here"--Jesse James
- "Here lies One Whose Name was writ in Water"--John Keats
- "Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime "--Dean Martin
- "I'll see you in apple blossom time "--Tip O'Neill
- "Quoth the Raven nevermore"--Edgar Allan Poe
- "The Best is Yet to Come"--Frank Sinatra
And to finish off the list, here is the epitaph from Russell Larson who is buried in Logan, Utah:
Two things I love most,
Two things I love most,
good horses and beautiful women,
and when I die I hope they tan this old hide of mine
and make it into a ladies riding saddle,
so I can rest in peace between the two things I love most.
Comments
I finally made the switch to beta.. ahhh
Seriously, I like the Keats one.
Rich, "the others" are the few people who check in and read everyday but don't comment. Poachers.
'Now that you've read this f--k off', see Old Knudsen can behave in public.
Ball game tonight? Feels like a great night for high school football... know you love it.
Shannon