Skip to main content

Scary Maybe, But Here You Go

Comments

dive said…
Arrgh!
I can't get this to load, though it's probably just as well …

Have YouTube upgraded their blog support to include Beta yet? And if not, why not? There's a clip I've been wanting to post for weeks, but being on Beta, it wouldn't work.
I'll try again when I get home.
Scout said…
I don't think youtube has upgraded yet, but to the right of each video is an "embed" spot with the html stuff. You can copy and paste using that, and it usually works.

Here's the url for this treat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Xm5ctGplE
Anonymous said…
scary maybe??

more like most definitely. why is that a creepy looking old guy, when added to something simple and enjoyable, like a cup of coffee, equals "things that make you go ewwww".

oh wait, did I just sum up old knudson, or what? ha ha.
dive said…
Thanks for the tip, Robyn.
The clip works perfectly at home; the office servers must have a "good taste" filter stopping it getting through.

And hey, Adair! What's wrong with creepy looking old guys? Other than old K, of course …
Sassy Sundry said…
Nightmares. Nightmares. That guy licking his chops is going to give me nightmares.

I thought I had posted this already. Hmmm...
Scout said…
He is a little nightmarish, I guess. I wonder what was going through his head when he was filming this--was there no one there to tell him that it was creepy?

I'm not sure what's been going on with blogspot the last couple of days, but some of my comments have been disappearing too.

Poor Old Knudson gets no respect.
Sassy Sundry said…
The stain on the bottom of the first cup is really disturbing. I swear the man is really drinking blood.

Popular posts from this blog

An Offending Pile

So, I'm standing in my living room letting my mind wander for a minute or two as I stare out the window and watch the day go by, and I see my neighbors walking their dogs down the street. They are nice neighbors who are always friendly and responsible with their property. That is to say they aren't like the other neighbors who heap rubbish behind their house like Ma and Pa Kettle and let their dogs bark for thirty minutes at a time . Anyway, I see the nice people walking their dogs, a big golden retriever who is as sweet as can be and as dumb as a post—he once ate a sock and nearly died before it was surgically removed—and a new golden retriever puppy. Then I see Neighbor Wife suddenly run down the street with the big dog. Then I see Neighbor Husband stopped in front of my house with the puppy on its leash. And then I see the puppy taking a huge dump in my grass. Let me tell you, that is not done in this town unless the dog owner has a plastic bag handy and is ready to pick up ...

No More Mr. Nice Guy

It's good to be a nice person--to say nice things, to do nice things, to write nice things--but I declare an end to the use of the word nice. Nice is what you say when you can't think of any other adjective. Someone shows you a picture of their back yard--that's nice. Someone tells you about their afternoon adventure--that's nice. Or someone describes their childhood in great detail and sometimes with painstaking effort--that's nice. It's a lazy word, and it's non-descriptive. Nice is like mashed potatoes with noodles and chicken gravy all in a big pile on one plate with some canned corn for garnish. Everything is the same color and texture and base substance--starch (this is a favorite Amish dish). Nice is like a partly cloudy day in April when outside feels like inside, and you can't tell a difference between the lighting and the temperature of your living room and the lighting and temperature of your front yard. Nice is a glass of lukewarm water. ...

Long Live Anita Bowser

You know I occasionally check my hometown newspaper's website to scan the obituaries (morbid, I know, but I'm at that age). Over this past weekend, I read the obituary of Indiana State Senator Anita Bowser . She was a noted Democrat who championed causes protecting the neediest in the state's population. She was respected on both sides of the aisle for her intelligence and plain and outspoken approach to law making. The picture on her senate page is lovely. I remember none of those things about Anita Bowser . My first year or so in college was spent at a branch of Purdue University, and in the early 80s, Anita was a political science professor. She taught my American Government class my freshman year, and she was a mess. Somewhere in my old text book, I have a sketch of her drawn on a particularly dull day in class--her hose sagged at her ankles, her slip showed at least half an inch all the way around, her hair had been slept on but not brushed, and her bright red lip stic...